Monday, September 27, 2010

School


How my children differ was once again very evident on the first day of school. I could tell you about the walk that was filled with anticipation and the gripping to the stroller with fear, the tears and the confidence, but what I have really found so amazing is who these bambino's have come home as. I find this a way better description of their first experience of school. I feel overly grateful for the school we have been lucky enough to have in our small village. It is small, family oriented and everyone knows everyone.
This past week I have seen my kids take leaps and bounds into themselves. I watch their minds soak up these new challenges, growing exponentially. I remember when they were small they learned so quickly when we were around our friends and family. This is just like that only a thousand times more intence.
Am I sad that they are at this point in life, NO, this is the coolest thing ever.
Do I miss them ABSOLUTELY!

No comments: