Sunday, December 16, 2007

A tree at last!




My little Elf
With Ethan asleep and Ava's grabby fingers to Wal-Mart we went..... on a Sat afternoon the week before Christmas..... crazy you say...... I suppose your right, but we did it anyway. We "patiently" waded through crowds of others who had left shopping to the last minute. I would love to give you some great reason for this last min expedition, but alas it's simply we left it till now. I'm glad that this parenting thing gives you a couple of trial runs. There are no desperate wants from a 1 yr old, no toy they just had to have that we couldn't get because we put off shopping:) So we've learned our lesson.

Ant found our tree for $20, I'm actually proud of him. He didn't grab the 14.99 one, it wasn't tall enough(I sense a little Christmas spirit). Now decorations, we don't need anymore!!!!! I've indulged for many years now with decorations(I could decorate two full trees in different themes). This would be all good if they were here in Thunder Bay. Well I won't leave you hanging any longer, we got a star(because it's not a Christmas tree without one), lights and some candy canes:) Yep that's it oh and a $3 tree skirt(that was my find I was so proud, I think Ants rubbing off on me). I Love it!!!!!!! It's our best tree ever, Here's why.....

The candy canes are hung only on the upper part of the tree, so no little fingers can reach. It's those little fingers and eyes big with excitement that leave no question as to why this will always be one of my favorites.

1 comment:

jenny said...

hello the pixi hat on ava looks soooo cute were sure gona miss you guys at xmas we talked off driving down but its a long way hey lol well stay happy and stay warm lots of hugs and kisses nanny and grandadxoxoxoxoxo