Thursday, April 23, 2009

A Good Day

Today was the type of day that as a parent I pretend is every day. When things get tough this is what I conger in my head as normal. I am delusional I know these days are far from the norm and really when it come to two year olds how in reality would you expect them to be so perfect. I'm talking not a tear or tantrum, not a whine and following every request made of them. When they have grow these days are the ones I will hold on to. Who they were at their best, as we all giggled and danced threw dinner, as Ava and I chose special stones out of our rock garden as I BBQ the perfect chicken dinner (and hot dogs for those who might not eat chicken, which of course today they did), as Ethan and I played ball with Tim, as they brushed their teeth and toddled off to bed, as Ethan crept out to give me one last hug for the day before they drifted of to sleep. Thank you God for days like today, I am blessed beyond what I am worthy and am humbled.

No comments: