Friday, March 21, 2008

She is sooo stubborn



I have just been upstairs with Ava for over an hour now. She would not lay down in her crib. She fell asleep in my arms, she fell asleep on my bed, but she would not lay down in her crib. She did not cry as long as I was in the room (now I know that there are some out there that would say just let her cry, but her roommate would then be awake and I'd rather stand there in the dark then deal with two screaming kids) So there she sat upright for an hour. Eyes closing in exhaustion, body swaying as she dozed in and out, brain repeating "do not lay down, whatever you do, don't lay down" I have witnessed this phenomenon before in other kids, only there is a motive to stay awake. To watch a movie or eat ice cream not just the outright refusal to lay down.



I have to admit seeing her stubbornness is kind of like looking in the mirror :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen.

love Mom

Anonymous said...

Have to echo your mom there Jenn. Stubborn is the word. But having said that, being stubborn can help you get or accomplish the things you need in life in spite of great odds. It's all in how you use the gift.