Wednesday, November 26, 2008

First Snow!

I could not wait to get out side with the Bambinos this morning. I went to bed last night watching the snow out the window hoping it would be on the ground when we woke up. Sure enough it was. We had a big breakfast ( for the energy we'd need) and happily donned our winter outer wear. Ha ha ha your all rolling on the floor laughing at me aren't you. Happily is not exactly the right description and there was more shoving and cramming then donning, but I fought threw their screams and cries knowing full well once I got them out side they would play till they dropped. I was right as soon as the made it through the door the tears were off and the playing began. What first, well I needed proof so out came the camera.

The New Suits
Once I took a couple of shots I dropped the camera off inside pulled on my gloves and was ready for some snowman making.
It was the perfect snow, and the trails left behind made good paths to follow. So we made paths all over the place following each other around. Then we started on a snow fort, but they had no foresight on the project and abandoned me in my efforts. I got half way through and decided that the fort could wait till at least this afternoon and then they might be slightly more interested. Way to teach following through, I know, but honestly I'm not that good at it my self and it's a snow fort. I pulled out the sled we couldn't use last year because we had left it here and trudged through the snow dragging over 58 lbs of Bambino. Talk about a work out, there is a slight hill in our back yard (actually hill is an over statement it's more like a slight incline), but did it ever wear me out. Again and again and again we went round in circles UP then down. I had to drag them back inside when it was time for lunch and now they are passed right out :) I love the snow!

No comments: