Sunday, April 20, 2008

Some things must come to an end

Ant and I have had a rocky relationship with a particular restaurant. It started out all roses (relationships always do don't they) A place to enjoy a Sunday morning brunch. It was walking distance from our apartment in Toronto with good food, delicious muffins and great service. Then they stopped serving breakfast, ouch. Ok ok we could deal with this and went for lunches and the odd dinner, but over time this faded. I rekindled the relationship years later with friends. It became our hangout for Tuesday night Girls Night. I became comfortable again with our regular booth and a refreshing Bellini. Until again a change in the menu hit me hard, one at a time all my favorites were removed. We held in there for a little while longer, but the Bellini's went sour and we found other places to go. I am curious as to the reason Ant and I pick this particular restaurant for lunch yesterday. Still more changes had been made since I had last been, fancier and slower (although that might have something to do with 2 impatiant toddlers, but since my kids are perfect I really doubt it). How they accommodate children, paper place mats and crayons, booster seats and oh ya the biggie apple juice comes in a whiskey glasses. So this ends this relationship, we will no longer attempt to even pretend we are friends..... This relationship is OVER!!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

SPILL JENN....what is this restaurant you talk about??? CURIOUS!!!
Love lisa